Tuesday, April 7, 2009

anticipation

It's quite amazing how the sight of an email appearing in my inbox can make me smile.
Or the giddy excitement of a text message. Walking around wondering what to text back. All the while a silly grin on my face.
When we do finally toss aside the new technology for good 'ol telephone conversation, the silence is golden. Hehe. Nervous energy and chuckles. Slowly opening up and finding that any connection, be it a phone line, or a computer, is a way of finding home.
Now, about this knock at the door. Could I really stand there and wait? Or would I run and hide behind a tree, too red in the face to actually say hi.
The feeling of seeing your face and hearing your voice right in front of me.
Realizing you are indeed real, and there waiting for me.

No comments: