Sunday, January 18, 2009

Did someone say detox??





Oh yes! I am going to try and get healthier in the next 5 weeks. I have tried a similar program, The Fat Flush plan and lost 25 pounds. Plus, felt soo much better. This is one from the magazine Body & Soul. I went to the website and got all the info for week one.

Today, I did 45 min. pilates and felt my body relax immediately. I am also a bit sore. To be honest, I have lagged on all exercise, mental and physical. It's difficult to write in a journal about stress and life, when you are in denial. I am not in denial anymore and am dedicating a bit of time to take care of all of me!!!!!

I know I stress eat. I also boredom eat. My schedule is so crazy, I have little time to exercise or write. However, i am going to rearrange my day so that I can at least have time for one or the other. I work M-F 8:45-3:15. On MWF I tutor from 3:30-5:30. I live about 30-40 min from work. So, on those days I get home around 6-6:15 if I don't need to stop. I try and do the stopping on T, TH. Then, it's dinner, time with G, and bed rituals. I have been falling asleep with G and trying to not do this!!! I wake-up in the middle of the night or feel groggy in the morning. Plus, I could have an hour or so to dedicate to myself.

Lately, my brain has been going in many different directions. I have been dabbling in creative journaling and mixed media to get out some extra energy. It helps even tho it's not great quality work. Collages are for me really. And my spirit!!

So, here's to starting to take care of myself!!
Peace

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Congratulations on trying to fit in exercise. I know it's hard to do. I also work full time and have an hour commute each way. By the time dinner, errands and such are done, who has time for anything. It's important, though, so I hope we both can fit in this time for ourselves. :) You have a lovely blog!

Chaos and love said...

Thanks Pamela. I thought yours was pretty cool as well.
Oh, it's rough to kick bad habits!